I found the link to this blog in the list of "educational blogs" on our class blog... Wow, I just typed "blog" about 100 times. Anyway, here is the link: http://dare-to-dream--classroom-technology.blogspot.com/
The entry I'm writing about is called "This one blew my socks off! What a tool!" The author is a school administrator. She was meeting with her technology coordinator and found something called the TouchGraph. To help you understand what it looks like, look at this picture.
Basically, it takes the place of endless pages of Google search results. Instead, a person can enter a topic, just as they do on Google, and come up with a graph which shows a whole network of subtopics. Each subtopic is linked, so it just requires a click. This not only shows search results but also helps students determine relevancy and understand how a network works, linking related information.
This tool will be useful to me as a teacher both to help myself and to help my students. When looking for online resources, I can type in a phrase and easily/quickly get relevant sites. When teaching students how to research, I can show them this tool and how it will make their search for sources better/easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment