Perhaps this is a cheap way of advertising something I'm passionate about, but that's ok.
This blog is one of the 10 required as "reflective or informative entries regarding technology and/or teaching."
If you have time, you should visit this website: http://doveugandachildrensfund.org/.
This website pertains to education in the following way: Many children in Uganda don't have access to education. Since there is not really a public education system and since schooling is not required by the government, private schools are the main means of education. With private education comes school fees. Many people in Uganda work hard but make only enough to survive on; they don't have extra to pay for their children to attend school.
This organization provides for children to attend school, eat one meal per day at school, receive necessary medical care, and so on. And it's only $20 per month. Consider how cheap that is for education. School in the U.S. is outrageously expensive; it's only that we have a dependable public education system.
(Just so you know, it's run by my future parents-in-law who are in Uganda and 2 pastors from the U.S.- one from my home church.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Elizabeth- Wow! Thanks for sharing! I really admire your passion and dedication! I am glad we have some classes together this semester- It has been fun to get to know you a little bit more! It looks like you and your future in-laws are involved in some amazing ministry opportunites- That is very cool! Blessings :)
I definitely think that it is ok that you are advertising on here because it is such a great cause. I know that you have a heart for these people and it is awesome that you are actually doing something about it. This is bringing two passions together. One for the people and their well being as well as making sure they are educated.
I love the passion you have for the people of Uganda. I'm sure that many people there will be positively affected by you and your new family. I wish you great success in serving in Uganda, both in education and in ministry.
Post a Comment