Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Internet Safety Issues
There are several internet safety issues for students; I will reflect on those which affect the students in the 7th grade class I observe. They are often allowed to use the library computers to do research for projects. While this activity is supervised by the librarian and by the teachers if it is during school hours, I have been in the library during this activity, and the supervisors' attention is usually focused on helping few students at a time. It would be easy for students to do whatever they wanted while the supervisors' were distracted. Also, the students are allowed to use computers in the library after school. I am not sure what kind of blocks are on these computers, but nevertheless, the students don't have individual sign-in names and could do something on the internet without being detected. Also, sites like Myspace are likely not blocked; students can share information over a site like this, even without their parents' knowledge, if allowed to use the computers at school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment