Wednesday, April 16, 2008

TeacherTube

This is one of the "10 reflective or informative entries regarding technology and/or teaching."

Maybe I'm a nerd, but I found a site I think is pretty cool. I'd heard of it before. But I really discovered its usefulness when I was working on my technology project. It is called TeacherTube.

As I said, I discovered it as I was working on my technology project. I needed to know how to use certain SMARTboard features, so I typed something like "linking with SMARTboard" into Google, and this site came up. The specific video I looked at was by a guy called the 60 sec tech. He does 1 minute instructional videos about how to use various kinds of technology. Check out his SMARTboard videos here.

Aside from his videos, there are thousands of others. It's basically like YouTube for teachers. I have used YouTube in teaching presentations but realized that there is sometimes objectionable content on there. It's much more efficient to search on TeacherTube because it's specifically designed for teachers and classrooms, and the content is more closely monitored. It seems like a valuable classroom tool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Elizabeth. Tech. in Ed., my partner in crime! So I went to the TeacherTube and was totally rocked. I found this teacher doing chemistry magic and it seems that her students were like middle schoolers. I am just bummed that I didn't find this before my instructional design final. Nice work!

Jessica H said...

Elizabeth! I have not talked to you in a while. Are you in Uganda? I am looking forward to seeing you in phase two of our classes.